Here are the highlights on a Canadian Study that was published in the New England Journal of Medicine.
- Teaching women to detect risk in dangerous situations combined with physical self-defense if needed reduced the rate of rape by nearly 50 percent.
- It is estimated that as much as 25% of women might be sexually assaulted before finishing their degree.
- 900 women were tracked over four-years and half of them were randomly given the threat-detection and self-defense training
- Incidents of reported rape among the trainees was 5.2% compared to 9.8% among the control group
- 80% of sexual assaults are committed by someone the victim knows
- The trainee group was 13% more likely to use verbal boundary setting
- The trainee group was 27.8% more likely to use physical self defense when needed.
Read the full article here --> https://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/study-shows-resistance-tactics-work-to-prevent-campus-sexual-assault/article24905250/
Our Next Self-Defense Course Starts January, 2019. Complete the form below to get on the waiting list today.
Complete the Form Below to get on the Wait List
This course teaches you...
How to strike - Throwing a punch seems like a simple thing, but it's not. Punch the wrong way and you'll just make your assailant angry and possibly break your hand. We'll show you how you can use your entire body, the right way, so that you can deliver effective hits with your hands and feet.
How to use your legs - This is a critical concept. Whether striking or grappling most of our power is generated from the legs and hips. Most people don't really know how to use them at all. Once you learn, you can use this to your advantage.
How to break grips - It's going down and someone's put their hands on you. If you don't know how to break the grip, they will be able to control you. You'll be taught how to break grips with technique, not strength so that you can escape or fight back if needed.
How to use your hips on the ground - We spend most of our time sitting down or walking on two feet. But, not much time on the ground and especially not much time on our backs. When people hit the ground, they seem like a fish out of water....because, they don't know how to use their hips. We'll teach you how to use your hips and escape to get back to your feet or fight from the ground if needed.
How to clinch - If they grab you and you don't know how to escape, they will control you. But, if you understand the clinch you will be able to both neutralize their strikes and control their movements. You might not be able to run or want to go toe-to-toe with an assailant. Learn the clinch so that you can control them, protect yourself and possibly others.
How to make space and defend your zone - Personal space is everything when it comes to self defense. You'll learn how stand off from an assailant, maintain proper angles for both escape and attack, and prevent an attack from happening at all.