Sometimes, kids with learning or motor skill difficulties can have a hard time learning to tie their shoes. And, that can potentially diminish their self-confidence and self-esteem. Understood.org is a great resource site for parents and kids with ADD, ADHD or other learning and attention issues.
Symptoms of childhood ADD / ADHD can include inattention, hyperactivity and impulsivity. One way parents are helping their children is by having them train in an age-specific martial arts program. Kids Karate programs have also been shown to improve the motor and cognitive development in children.
As a result, a well structured martial arts program can also be great way to alleviate these symptoms and overcome the stress they cause.
- They focus on individual growth, not on team competition.
- They offer concrete, attainable goals.
- Routines are broken down into manageable chunks.
- They emphasize self-control and concentration.
- They can help with coordination.
- They provide structure and clear expectations for behavior.
- They can provide a safe outlet for excess energy.
- The environment is accepting and communal.
If you’re interested in learning more about martial arts for your child, give us a call at 610-363-7575 and we’d be happy to answer your questions and set you up with a free pre-evaluation and trial lesson if you like.