Part 2 Outline:
- Importance of teaching children quick and easy self-defense techniques against larger threats.
Wrist Escape Techniques
- Using the "door" in the opponent's grip.
- Importance of moving to the side instead of pulling back.
- Palm strike targeting the chin and nose.
- Knee strikes.
- Elbow strikes: using the forearm and back portion.
- Eye gouge.
- Ear clap.
- Groin kick.
- Foot stomp.
- Hammer strike using the side of the hand.
- Chokehold escape.
- Hair grab escape.
- Shin kick.
- Soccer-style kicks.
Key Points & Takeaways:
- Larger Threats: Children often face threats from individuals considerably larger than them.
- Technique Over Power: Emphasis on technique and targeting vulnerable areas rather than relying on strength.
- Avoid Direct Pulling: In wrist escapes, moving to the side is more effective than pulling directly back.
- Effective Striking Areas: Chin, nose, ears, groin, and shin are effective areas to target.
- Use of Natural Weapons: Hands, elbows, knees, and feet can be used effectively in self-defense.
- Escape is Priority: The main goal is to create an opportunity to escape rather than overpowering the opponent.
Action Items for Parents and Children:
- Practice with a Partner: Engage in safe practice sessions with a partner to understand the techniques better.
- Focus on Technique: Prioritize learning the correct technique over applying force.
- Repetition: Regularly practice these techniques to build muscle memory.
- Stay Aware: Always be aware of your surroundings and potential threats.
- Seek Professional Training: Consider enrolling in a self-defense class for comprehensive training.
- Teach Children: Ensure children understand the importance of these techniques and practice them regularly.
Remember to download your Free Guide: The Top 5 Conversations to Have with Your Child About Safety
If you're already a proud member of the Dragon Gym family or have enrolled in the Quick Start Confidence Course, we thank you for your trust and commitment. We encourage you to share this page with friends or family members who you believe would benefit from this life-changing experience. After all, the gift of confidence, safety, and discipline is one of the most precious gifts you can offer to someone you care about.