So, some things have gone wrong and you've found yourself on your back on the ground. And, your attacker is punching you in the face as well as potentially striking your body.
Well, with training, you can still defend yourself from this position. Check out this video for a quick tutorial on how defend yourself against punches in what is commonly known as the guard position in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (BJJ).
This is a critical technique and movement to learn so that you don't get caught off guard, get taken to "the second location", or get put unconscious. Ultimately, learning this will help increase the chances that you can defend yourself and your loved-ones when needed.
This is another sample of what you'll be learning in our upcoming self-defense course. You'll be learning all aspects of self-defense: mental preparation, situational awareness, and strategic prevention as well as physical self-defense standing up and on the ground.
All of this is crucial so that you can protect not only yourself but your family and those you care deeply about.
Complete the Form Below for a FREE Self-Defense Lesson
This course teaches you...
- How to strike - Throwing a punch seems like a simple thing, but it's not. Punch the wrong way and you'll just make your assailant angry and possibly break your hand. We'll show you how you can use your entire body, the right way, so that you can deliver effective hits with your hands and feet.
- How to use your legs - This is a critical concept. Whether striking or grappling most of our power is generated from the legs and hips. Most people don't really know how to use them at all. Once you learn, you can use this to your advantage.
- How to break grips - It's going down and someone's put their hands on you. If you don't know how to break the grip, they will be able to control you. You'll be taught how to break grips with technique, not strength so that you can escape or fight back if needed.
- How to use your hips on the ground - We spend most of our time sitting down or walking on two feet. But, not much time on the ground and especially not much time on our backs. When people hit the ground, they seem like a fish out of water....because, they don't know how to use their hips. We'll teach you how to use your hips and escape to get back to your feet or fight from the ground if needed.
- How to clinch - If they grab you and you don't know how to escape, they will control you. But, if you understand the clinch you will be able to both neutralize their strikes and control their movements. You might not be able to run or want to go toe-to-toe with an assailant. Learn the clinch so that you can control them, protect yourself and possibly others.
- How to make space and defend your zone - Personal space is everything when it comes to self defense. You'll learn how stand off from an assailant, maintain proper angles for both escape and attack, and prevent an attack from happening at all.