Are you interested in learning martial arts and self-defense? Are you a little unsure where and how to get started? Are you skeptical if a martial arts class really helps you reach your goals?
These are questions I hear from students and potential students all the time. On top of that, there are so many more martial arts options to sift through today than there were just a few years ago.
In fact, just at Dragon Gym we have three core martial arts programs to choose from: Traditional Korean Martial Arts, Muay Thai Kickboxing and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.
Students often come to us not knowing which martial arts will be best for them. Or, they think a certain style will be a good fit, but they really don’t know what it’s all about.
You need clarity on two fronts:
First, you need clarity on what your goals are and what you’re trying to accomplish through a martial arts program. We can help you with that in just one or two classes.
Second t, you also need clarity on what a martial art actually entails. You may have some misconceptions based on what you’ve heard from friends, seen in the movies, or witnessed in professional competition like the UFC.
- What are the classes going to be like?
- What types of techniques will you be learning: punches, kicks, grappling, self-defense?
- How physically and mentally challenging will the classes be?
- Which martial art will be best for your size, body type, goals and needs?
As a result, I’ve developed a new course, based on decades of teaching, so that you can find martial arts success.
Introduction to Martial Arts & Self-Defense 101
PURPOSE: Make it through 6-weeks of training and develop a functional knowledge of Taekwondo/Hapkido, Muay Thai, and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. And, leave the 6-week course with confidence in your ability to defend yourself.
What you can expect from the program:
- Weight Loss / Fat Loss: Highly-effective AND highly-approachable nutrition strategies that help you lean-out when combined with training. Plus, the improving the quality of your intake, helps you to perform at peak potential in all aspects of your life.
- Strength: Martial Arts gives you stronger, leaner muscles that are more resilient to injury thus making life generally easier. But, you’ll also learn that strength does not come from the body along, but also the mind.
- Knowledge: At the end of this course you’ll know what each of these martial arts—Taekwondo/Hapkido, Muay thai Kickboxing, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu—entails. You’ll understand the doctrine and strategy they seek to employ as well as the physical qualities required to execute their techniques. You’ll know which martial arts will be the best for you.
- Clarity: There are three components to a successful martial arts program or any physical fitness program: Knowledge of what to do (and what NOT to do), a workable plan to put that information into action, and an accountability structure to keep you on track. And, a map alone is not enough. You need a clear destination to effectively utilize it. When you have this, you can push your limits and expand your comfort zone, capacity and vision in all aspects of your life.
Here's what to do next:
- Click the button below
- Get access to our class schedules and intro programs
- Call us for a free Orientation or sign up for our Quick Start Martial Arts Course Online
President, Dragon Gym
“Be The Coffee.”